Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

ruki

So I said I was going to post this soon after the last post, but I wanted to make sure the recipient got the card first. Then I sort of got distracted and other things.

Anyway, alas here is another postcard in water colors, painted for a friend on instagram. Subject is Ruki of The GazettE.


Lulzy primary sketch below the actual shot (from a SHOXX).



Inked. I wasn't too sure what to do with this hair. Esp, since as you can see the
picture isn't so detailed, as it's quite dark. And detail is sort of my thing when
drawing...



Starting with lighter areas.



End result. I wasn't very pleased actually. I kind of like the drawing itself
(it's a little off, but meh), but I really wish I had kept to the mostly black
and made it a darker painting with only some highlights for the greens and
yellows. Next time, I guess.


Greyscale :D

No comments:

Post a Comment